Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Park Day---Spring Break 09

March 18, 2009---According to the weather man, Wednesday was supposed to be the most pleasant day of the week, so we declared Wednesday as "Park Day". After hitting the gym that morning my mom and I loaded nine kids and a picnic lunch into our vehicles and headed to Avent Park in Oxford. That is my favorite park! It has so much for the kids to do---forts, swings, slides, rope bridge, shaking bridge, zip line, balance beams, etc. The Bergerons met us there. I always LOVE hanging out with them. Although, with our nine children and their one, there wasn't a lot of time to chat or take pictures. I thank them so much for helping me keep up with all the little ones. Jackson did manage to get away from us once. I don't care to talk about that though...

Anna Catherine and Anna Grace help AJ down the slide:

Chloe is not afraid to do the big slide alone:

Chloe is thinking about the rope bridge. She didn't try it:


Gage had no problems with it:
Jackson and Molly, just hanging out:


The "older kids" like the zip line best! Anna Catherine:
Ben:

Hallie:

Jared:

The swings are always a hit too. Grandmother and AJ:

Jared:


Hallie:


Everyone was exhausted after two and a half hours of FUN!!! All of the girls rode with me. I snapped pics of them via my rear view mirror on the way home.







We'd been home about half an hour when we had to leave to visit some more friends in Pontotoc. Jackson and Chloe were too tired and opted to stay with Grandmother, so Anna Catherine, Anna Grace, and I headed to McDonald's to meet up with the Gibbses and Smiths. A good time is had by all when this group gets together!!! The kids ate and played on the playground while the adults snacked and talked. Then we went to Stafford Park in Pontotoc so the kids could run out even more energy. Our visit was short, but I'm glad we had the opportunity to see them for a little while.
Anna Catherine and Anna Grace:


Oliver and Kathryn:


Sam and Kathryn:

No comments: