Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mr. and Mrs. Mooneyhan

March 20-21, 2009---We were honored to be a part of JR and Carla's special day. We met JR three and a half years ago when we joined the Wellness Center. He is a fitness instructor who has become a great friend. We (and JR) met Carla two years ago when she became a nursery volunteer at the Wellness Center. Carla has to be the sweetest person I have ever met. My children absolutely adore both of them and we were thrilled to have Anna Catherine serve as one of their flower girls.

Rick was able to get into town in time for the rehearsal dinner. It had an "Ole Miss tailgate" theme and was absolutely wonderful! We took all three kids to the rehearsal and dinner. As usual, Chloe attached herself to JR and refused to let go. We knew this would happen and that is the reason we chose to leave her and Jackson with Grandmother during the wedding.
My favorite pictures from our rehearsal and wedding were the ones given to me by guests. I wanted to take lots of pictures and do this for JR and Carla but I somehow forgot to take "lots"of pictures. I do not have any from the wedding and only have a few from the reception.





The wedding was held at Thaxton Baptist Church in Thaxton, MS (a suburb on Pontotoc, I suppose). It was a beautiful ceremony and the a capella singers were amazing!! The reception was held at the Pontotoc Community House. It was a romantic setting with dim lighting so my photos are dark.
first dance:


wedding party dance:



Groom's table:


Just before cutting the groom's cake, the DJ began to play "From Dixie With Love" and JR and Carla shook their pom-poms in time with the music:





The Happy Couple:

1 comment:

K Storm said...

Awww...that's great! Glad you were able to share their special day!