Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Double Decker and Dancing

April 26, 2008---Saturday was the Double Decker Arts Festival in Oxford. Rick and I took Anna Catherine while Nicole stayed at our house to keep Jackson and Chloe. We left home at 6 a.m. to get to the Healthplex in time for Rick to check-in, pick up his race packet, and warm up before the 7:30 a.m. start time. Rick, J.R., and T.J. participated in the 10K race. Once the race started, we thought we had about an hour before the guys would finish so Carla, Katie Beth, Anna Catherine, and I walked to Uptown Coffee to get some breakfast. We thought we had timed it just perfect but T.J. passed us on South Lamar as we were walking back. He finished 4th out of 20 in his age group (21st overall out of 302 runners!) in just over 43 minutes. We got to the finish line just in time to hear Rick's name being called as finishing. Rick finished in just over 53 minutes, and J.R. was right behind him with just over 55 minutes.









Around 10:30 a.m., after the guys had showered and the door prizes and awards had been given away, we headed to the Square for the festival. It was actually quite nice because, due to the early morning rain, there wasn't a big crowd. Anna Catherine always likes sitting with the William Faulkner statue. We did some shopping and then went to the kiddie area. Anna Catherine enjoyed the bounce houses and playgrounds. She also climbed the rock wall. She didn't make it to the top but I was impressed with her attempt. She got a lot farther than I could have! We saw Kevin, Stephanie, and Eliza. Rick and Anna Catherine also saw Joel, Texie, Cooper, and Vivian.







The Bergerons and Martinezes came out for the afternoon. We enjoyed a nice lunch at Abners (there was an hour and a half wait at Proud Larry's, our first choice). We then had to leave because we had to be in New Albany by 3:30 p.m. for Anna Catherine's dance recital. My camera never takes good action shots so the ones of her onstage are very blurry. The first dance was "The Butterfly Dance" (the picture of girls standing--she is on the end on the right). The second was "Dolls in a Toy Shop" in which she had to wear red lipstick and have red circles on her cheeks (she is sitting in this picture). My mom and Nicole brought Jackson, Chloe, and A.J. (my ten month old niece) to the recital. Anna Catherine received flowers, a trophy for three years of dance, and a banner for Miss Dance alternate.









Afterwards we all had dinner together. Rick and Nicole took all of the kids back to our house. My brother and his wife had food poisoning so they were also taking care of A.J. I went back to Oxford to have a "girls' night" with Julie and Katy. I felt bad leaving Rick (and Nicole) with four babies to care for overnight but time our with the girls is few and far between so I had to take advantage of spending time with my friends. We had fun and I'm not going to go into details but the evening was quite entertaining due to the guys who were hitting on us. We were literally laughing until we were crying. It was a good night out with my wickedy-wack friends!!!! I LOVE
you Jules and KT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

cjaxon said...

Poo Chip and his wanting to "be together" for our 6 year anniversary ... I should have learned by now not to listen to that man. I should have just loaded up and come down to see everyone!! I miss you guys!