Wednesday, April 23, 2008

April Catch-Up

Things have been a little crazy so I am playing catch-up on my blog. Chloe had her first haircut on April 11. There wasn't a lot of hair to cut off. Chloe's hair is very fine and thin and was beginning to look very straggly (is that even a word?). Leah cut her hair into a bob that falls just to the earlobe and trimmed her bangs. Chloe never cried and was confused as to what Mrs. Leah was doing but all in all it went very well. She was excited to get a sucker from Mrs. Leah for being a good girl. I almost positive it was her first sucker.


























On April 12, Rick and I, along with many members of the Dixie Clique crew, attended the Red and Blue spring game at Ole Miss. We left the kids home with the best babysitter ever, Nicole. We tailgated in the Grove, grilled out burgers and dogs, and enjoyed socializing with adults. The Bergerons came by for a while. We all watched the Walk Through, which was led by Eli Manning, Patrick Willis, and Houston Nutt. It was very crowded but I managed to get not-so-great pictures of Eli and Nutt. We went to the scrimmage game and then went back to the Grove to hang out for a while. We had every intention of going to the Ole Miss-LSU baseball game but it was much too crowded so we opted to go shopping at Rebel Rags instead. The wind was chilly but the sun was shining so it was another beautiful spring day in Oxford.












I had my bottom two wisdom teeth removed on April 17th. I must say that it wasn't as bad as I had expected but I hope the top two can stay in place. My mouth is still sore and it's still hard to chew. I was hoping to lose some weight from all of this but have somehow added two pounds to my already astronomical weight. Rick says it's because I ate strawberry cheesecake, chocolate pudding, and chocolate cobbler for five days. They are soft foods that slid down my throat with ease. Can you blame me? I got tired of eating soup and yogurt.




We signed Anna Catherine up to play park and rec t-ball on February 19 and she has literally asked daily to go to t-ball practice. Well, her wish finally came true and she had her first t-ball practice on April 19th. She was very excited. We went out and bought white baseball pants, a pink bat, a pink and black glove, and practice balls. She has to play on a four-year-old team because the birthday cut-off for girls and boys are different. Girls must be four by December 31 (which she missed by 22 days and caused her to sit out for a year). Boys do not have to be four until March or April. There are eleven kids on her team which is co-ed. There are six four-year-old t-ball teams in the park and rec league. She will have ten games. Each game has two innings, everyone gets to bat and get on base, there are no outs, and no one keeps score. So, essentially it's just a bunch of kids running frantically on a field. It's actually quite funny. Her first game is next week.










No comments: