Sunday, February 10, 2008

Snoozin' and Cruisin"

Snoozin'---We think Jackson is sleep walking. Three times over the past four days Rick has awoken to find him asleep in the doorway of our bedroom. This is not like Jack at all. If he needs something in the night, he will repeatedly come into our room and ask for a cup of milk or a diaper change until we honor his request. However, he has brought a diaper and a pack of wipes with him each time he "sleepwalks"--very odd I think. He's typically opposed to sleeping anywhere other than his own bed so I don't think he's looking to get into bed with us. He's not having nightmares so I don't think he's looking for comfort. Rick just leaves Jackson on the floor because, if you wake him up, he's up for good and ready to play even if it is four o'clock in the morning. Anna Catherine is a sleepwalker. She's a creepy sleepwalker though. She will come to my side of the bed and just stare at me---she never speaks, just stares---almost demented. She doesn't wake me up; she just stands there. I wake up because I can feel someone staring at me. Very creepy!!! I will ask her questions but she doesn't answer so I just put her back in bed. Neither Rick nor I have ever been sleepwalkers so we're not sure of the do's and don'ts on how to handle this.






Cruisin'---The weather was beautiful this weekend--sunny and a high of 60 degrees. While Jackson was napping the girls decided to cruise around the house in the Barbie jeep. Chloe had a blast. This was her first experience with Anna Catherine at the wheel. You can tell in one picture she was a little freaked out because AC would suddenly stop and then start again but all in all they had a great time. Chloe will be driving before you know it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cjaxon said...

That is freaky! I don't know what to do about sleepwalking either. I am a sleeptalker. Katie has nightmares, and when we go to check on her she will be sitting up in bed, still asleep. Strange, but so far she is still in her bed ... just sitting up and talking. She must have some very vivid dreams.