Sunday, February 24, 2008

Birthday Blowout 2008

February 23, 2008---The Crawfords celebrated one mass birthday party on Saturday. It's just so convenient to have one party my babies. I think I would go insane if I had to plan/host three birthday parties in less than a month. So, I will take advantage of having one party for as long as the kids will allow it. We held the party at our church's family life center. This is the second year we have used their facility for our birthday blowout and it is wonderful. The basketball goals are available for those you want to show off their skills; while others just hang out and talk (I'm talking about the parents--haha). Some of the kids play ball too. We took Chloe's new car and several other push/ride toys for the smaller children to play with. We also hired three South Pontotoc cheerleaders to teach a dance and cheer to anyone interested. And, being the bad mommy that I am, I never got a picture of Anna Catherine with the cheerleaders. The whole cheering thing didn't go over as well as I had thought but Anna Catherine was still excited that they came. I should have probably waited until she is 7-10 years old to have a cheer party. Thanks to Nicole, Jordyn, and Amanda for taking two hours out of their weekend to entertain my daughter and her friends.


















I wouldn't necessarily say that our parties have themes but I like the kids to have cakes decorated as something they like. Anna Catherine wanted cupcakes. We could not find any cheerleader themed items for Anna Catherine's portion of the party so she decided to do with Disney princesses. Jackson, of course, chose dinosaurs. He's not into cake---just the frosting---so he had a cookie cake. He only ate the icing off of it though. That boy doesn't know what he's missing! Since Chloe could not vocalize her opinion, I chose a princess cake for her. Tammie did a wonderful job on her cake. She took a napkin I had given her and decorated the two cakes perfectly. For the large cake, she made the #1 and tiara out of candy. Truly amazing!! It really makes me want to take cake decorating classes!























We've never had a pinata at one of our parties before so I insisted that we have one this year. I would highly recommend getting the kind with the pull strings. I didn't and the kids had to beat it for what seemed like forever, even after someone cut it with a knife. I would say it was a hit though (no pun intended). The kids had a great time and really enjoyed playing with their friends. Rick and I enjoyed the adult social interaction as well.










I would like to thank Grandmother, Jennifer, Carrie and Sam for taking pictures and videos with their cameras. I will have lots of great photos for the scrapbooks. We would also like to thank the Bergerons and Jacksons for staying after the party and helping us clean up and set up the chairs for the "First Day" contemporary service our church has in the family life center on Sunday mornings at 10:30. Then we all had dinner at Mi Pueblo. Jackson fell asleep between the church and the restaurant so he slept in a booth next to our table. Poor fellow! He was all pooped out from his party.



No comments: