Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wedding Weekend--The Reception

August 22, 2009---Carmen and Jereme's wedding reception was held at the Bayou DeSiard Country Club which is an absolutely gorgeous venue both inside and out. I wish I had photographs to post. So, once again, you'll just have to take my word for it. Everything was fabulous! There was more food than you could imagine.... prime rib, crawfish pasta, fried catfish fillets, various fruits and veggies, and so much more that I can't remember. There were seven tables of delicious food that were continually being refilled by the waitstaff. There's no way for me to do the cakes justice in my description. The wedding cake was a white five-tiered square cake with a scroll print on the odd numbered layers and topped with beautiful white and purple flowers (I don't know the types of flowers but they matched the wedding bouquets). The groom's cake was a three-tiered square chocolate cake with chocolate icing and the top layer had the LSU "eye of the tiger" in purple, gold, and white. It was very cool! Anna Catherine was amazed by the open bar. She felt so grown up when she was allowed to walk to the bar alone and order a diet coke without paying for it. I told her not to worry about it because Uncle Doug was paying for everyone's food and drinks that night!

The one thing I can prove through photos is what a stunning bride Carmen was!




Just look at the expressions on their faces during their first dance...

Aren't they such a cute couple!




Carmen and Doug during the father/daughter dance

I don't think there was a minute that the dance floor
wasn't packed with people shakin' their groove thing!



You'd of thought Don and Kathy were still in high school!


Chloe was VERY jealous that PaPa Gator was dancing with
someone other than her...even if it was the bride!



Then Chloe decided to join the bridal party



I even got to dance with Rick for one song


Jackson just loved to dance, even if he wasn't on the dance floor



One of the rare moments that Chloe wasn't on the dance floor



Anna Catherine couldn't leave without having her picture taken with Carmen
***Like I said before, I have 180 pictures from that weekend so please don't feel bad if your picture didn't make it into the blog. I tried to make sure there were at least one or two pictures of everyone somewhere in the wedding weekend posts.***

No comments: