Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Bus Rider

Before school started, Anna Catherine asked to ride the school bus. We debated for several weeks and decided to compromise with her. Rick will still take her to school in the mornings (1--the bus runs at 6:28 am and we sometimes aren't fully awake and 2---that is their special daddy/daughter time). I was having to wake up Jackson and Chloe from their naps to pick up Anna Catherine. This made them grumpy which made me grumpy and "when Mama's not happy nobody's happy". So, she now rides the bus home in the afternoons. She LOVES it!! She already knows a few people on the bus. This is just another way for her to feel more independent. Ace is just growing up way too fast!!!

2 comments:

K Storm said...

The very reason I started to let Sissy ride the bus...she wanted to but it was so much easier with the younger one's sleepy times. Plus that bus beat us to our house when I tried the carpool line.

Souther' Mother said...

Cooper started riding the bus this year for the very same reasons--he really wanted to and I do not like having to wake the little kids up from naps. Joel waits with him for the bus in the morning and I still am not sure how I feel about it.