Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chloe's First Concert

July 17, 2009---We took Chloe to see one of favorite bands, Better Than Ezra, who were playing at Snowden Grove Park in Southaven. (The older two were at grandmother's house.) We arrived in Southaven a little early so we could get Chloe an outfit before the show. It was outdoors and I know how mosquitoes are attracted to her. She needed something to cover her legs. Note that she picked out the entire outfit including the shoes on her on! She also had to put on make-up on the way to the restaurant. She loves to primp. Boy, are we going to be in trouble in ten years!!



We had dinner with Brady and Heather before walking over to the amphitheater. The food was okay but just getting to see them and talk to them was the main thing. I miss my friends so much.




We met up with Andrea and several of her friends at the amphitheater. There was one summer that Andrea and I became BTE junkies and traveled anywhere they were playing within a three hour radius. Good times, good times!!





Heather brought bubbles to entertain Chloe during the opening bands:




Chloe dancing with Heather:



And now for the band we drove almost 3 hours to see...BETTER THAN EZRA!!!!


I have been a groupie for 15 years, since the first time I saw them---4th of July weekend 1994 in a whole in the wall bar in Slidell, Louisiana. I fell in love with this band immediately...their sound, their style, Kevin's voice, Kevin's curly, floppy hair, Kevin's personality, the way Kevin dances, just Kevin in general...AAHHHHH!!!




They played several songs off their new album, Paper Empire, which Rick bought me an autographed copy for my birthday this year (he is the greatest husband!!). They also played many of the old favorites...King of New Orleans, Good, Extra Ordinary, Porcelain, Misunderstood, and the list goes on and on and on (can you tell this is my favorite band???).
Rick likes their music but he only goes to the live shows because he knows how much I love them. Chloe really enjoyed herself too. She danced and clapped and was very happy throughout the night.


When the show was over, Chloe looked at me and said, "Him dances silly." She liked watching Kevin too :)
The band was greeting fans after the show but the line was too long for us to wait around (I would have waited--Rick wouldn't. But I can't blame him. It had been a loooooong day. We were all tired. Chloe fell asleep before we got off Church Road. She had a fantastic time but was completely exhausted!


I see more concerts in her future...

No comments: