Thursday, August 7, 2008

Conversations with Chloe and Jackson

Chloe loves Dora. While watching Dora Fairytale Adventure today she was talking to Dora:

Dora: Can you say, "Once upon a time?"
Chloe:"No."

A little while later...

Dora: "Do you see the sleeping dragon?"
Chloe: "There it is!"

When did she get big enough to carry on conversations with cartoon characters?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chloe has been showing signs of beginner potty training so I dug the potty chair out of storage. Jackson saw the potty seat, picked it up, and started walking away with it.

Me: "Jackson, put that down. What are you doing with it?"
Jackson: "Taking it to my room."
Me: "Why are you taking the potty seat to your room?"
Jackson: "So I won't have to go to the bathroom while I'm watching The Muppets. I can use the little potty."

Poor thing! He's already thinking like a guy. Can't risk missing a minute of your television show in order to take care of your toilet needs. I guess that's why Rick installed surround sound speakers in our bathroom at the house in Southaven. Even if you had to visually miss a play of the game, you could still hear the announcers while taking care of business! Like father, like son. (Honestly, I can't complain. I'll be very lucky if Jackson turns out like Rick. And I really enjoyed having surround sound in the bathroom!)

2 comments:

cjaxon said...

I had totally forgotten about surround sound in the fish bathroom. I think we are just so stuck on the FISH!
Yes, there are much worse things than Jackson turning out like Rick ...

Staci said...

How fun, I have a girl named Chloe and a Boy named Jackson! My Chloe Loves Dora as well.