Monday, October 22, 2007

October 20, 2007

October 20, 2007---Chloe is 8 months old today. Over the past few weeks she has added "bye-bye" to her vocabulary, waves, and is giving high-fives. She also enjoys sucking her upper lip, thumb, and big toe. Jackson fed her goldfish crackers today while I was in the shower. This is not the first time he has given them to her (he's been warned many times not to feed her). He also gave her cinnamon graham cracker sticks. I guess he is trying to be a good big brother and share his food. I don't think he's being bad on purpose; I think he's just being a little boy. It's very hard for me to come to terms with the fact that my baby is growing up. It makes me sad to know that she is my last baby. (I know this may not be of any interest to you but this is what I love to do---talk about my babies.)






Rick, Ryan, and Anna Catherine went to the Ole Miss vs. Arkansas game today. I was too exhausted to go today, plus I didn't feel like being very social. My sitter for Jackson also fell through and there was no way I was going to take him to the Grove again. It's just torture for everyone. Very rarely do I miss an Ole Miss game and apparently I missed quite an eventful one today. Stephanie was able to come to the Grove this week (only two more weeks until Miss Eliza makes her debut!). There was a 30 person bachelor party from New York at the tent next to ours, which included a singer/guitar player (They weren't affiliated with Ole Miss. They had heard that the Grove was a fun place to be. I'm sure people were asking, "You had your bachelor party where?!? A field in Mississippi?!?). And there was a girl fight nearby. The game was terrible--we lost 44-8. It was an unusually hot and muggy October day; everyone was sunburned. The stadium lost power due to a botched fireworks display at half time. And, to beat all things, there was a decent Hotty Toddy this week started by the one and only Deuce McAllister!

No comments: