Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Visit with Granddaddy

October 17, 2009---This was our first trip to my daddy's new house. We were all excited to get to see him and his new home place. We've seen the property before when it was just a pasture for his horses and mules and a place to have trail rides. He has done a lot of work on it and it looks beautiful. I wish I had taken more pictures because my words will not do it justice. Much of the kudzu and overgrowth has been cleared away. He has two large flower beds on either side of the entry of his driveway. He has another flower bed at the bottom of the steps to his front porch. The front porch is filled with various potted plants and several hanging baskets of ferns. Daddy has plenty more renovation plans in his head but is waiting until warmer weather to execute them.

Daddy had decorated the entry to his driveway with scarecrows, hay bales,leaves, sunflowers, pumpkins, orange twinkle light, and a light up Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern. It was all so cute and festive and the kids just loved it! We drove to his house Friday night so the kids could see the decorations all aglow, spent the night at a local hotel, and then returned Saturday morning to have our visit before heading out to the Ole Miss football game. It was very cold, damp, muddy, and windy and the kids were not cooperative when it came time to take pictures.

We all talked about this and that and everything else and all too soon, it was time to go. I don't get to see my dad as often as I should so I try to make the most out of every visit.



No comments: