Friday, March 13, 2009

"I Like School"

March 13, 2009---Anna Catherine's school program titled, "I Like School" took place this morning in the MAE gymnasium. The music teacher did a wonderful job of coordinating this program consisting of 8 kindergarten classes (approx. 200 children) singing songs about the things they have learned in school this year. It was a packed house---standing room only!! And there was very little precious standing room available. We arrived at 7:30 am for the 8:00 am performance and the best seat we could get was on the far right side near the back. And just our luck, Anna Catherine was on the far left side of the stage. During the group songs, she was on the bottom left riser which made it impossible to see her over hundreds of adult heads. During her class's solo, at which time they stood on a separate stage, she was on the very top riser. It was very hard to see her and I zoomed my camera in as far as possible. The lighting in an elementary school gymnasium is terrible for taking pictures and I am still learning to work my camera so please bear with me while I work on editing my pictures (Carrie, I need a tutorial!!).


AC is bottom center:



AC is top left in all of the following:










Chloe was mesmerized throughout the entire show:


"Reading" the program:



Jackson was less than thrilled to be there and he continually asked if we could go back to the van because he was tired. He's had a hard time adjusting to daylight savings time and hasn't been waking up until 8 am or later. I'm sure he was tired but he really needs to learn that world doesn't revolve around him. I wonder what gave him that idea?!?



Rick stood on the wall so he could videotape the parts when AC sang and danced. When other classes were on the solo stage, he took to his blackberry, checking e-mails and posting his status on facebook.



Afterwards, we were able to go up to the stage and talk to Anna Catherine. She had warned us, "We can say goodbye to our parents but we can't go home with them and we can't cry about it. That's what Mrs. Harrison (the music teacher) said."

1 comment:

K Storm said...

I am so glad you came over. I saw that you blog. A bunch of us do too. The kindergarten program is always so cute. Glad she had fun in it.