Monday, March 3, 2008

Ballgames Galore

March 1, 2008---We have been waiting for Saturday, March 1 for two months now. We have highly anticipated the Ole Miss-Alabama basketball game for two reasons. First, we signed Anna Catherine up for the "Rebelette 4 A Day" program that was held today. Flash photography is not allowed inside the Tad Pad so I was not able to get any shots of her performance. However, the Rebelettes had photographers at the event and I have ordered pictures. I will post them as soon as I get them. I was able to video her performance. The second reason we were so excited for today's game is the mere fact that we love attending Ole Miss athletic events (football, basketball, and baseball only).

We took separate cars to Oxford because Anna Catherine and I were attending the SP pageants that evening. Rick and Jackson dropped Anna Catherine off at the indoor practice facility at 9:45 a.m. for practice. They then met Joe, Julie, and Molly at Square Books Jr. for a storytime and crafts event. Brady met up with them; then Chloe and I joined in for lunch at Old Venice around 11 o'clock. Rick dashed back to pick up AC at noon, and then back to the restaurant to finish lunch. Next it was off the the Tad Pad for the game. It was a close game (as has been a majority of this season's) but the Rebs pulled it out in the end. (I am posting some pics I took at the game but they are poor quality without flash---sorry.) We had looked so promising at the beginning of the season and even ranked in the teens for quite a while before losing our mojo. I'm not down on the team---we play in the SEC and it is a very competitive, yet unpredictable conference. I can't lie to you--I was hoping for a trip to the DANCE but maybe next year.

After the basketball game, Rick and Brady took Anna Catherine and Jackson to the Ole Miss vs. Southern Illinois baseball game. Joe joined them while Julie and Molly headed home for a nap. I would have loved to have taken a nap but, as I said before, AC and I headed back to Pontotoc for the pageant. Rick said the kids were well behaved at the game. It was a beautiful 71 degree afternoon in sunny Swayze Field. Ole Miss won and is ranked #2 in the nation. Way to go Rebs!! As they were leaving the baseball stadium Jackson asked if they were going to a football game. Poor fellow---I don't know if he was asking to go or wondering how much more he had to endure?!?

We had so much fun with the Bergerons and Uncle Eric!!! Anytime in Oxford is a fun time. We're looking forward to Red and Blue weekend in April---Grove time, football scrimmage, baseball versus LSU, and Oxford in the spring...life doesn't get much better than that (until football season!!!!!)!



















1 comment:

cjaxon said...

I meant to bring Katie's first cheerleader dress down for Chloe. What size does she wear now? I can mail it down. Probably the only way you will get it soon enough :) We can't wait to head back down. Maybe when the weather is pretty we can plan a Grove/Oxford day.